Student Media Job in Iowa

Thanks to the Iowa Pro Chapter for tweeting about this job at Simpson College in Indianola IA

Simpson College seeks a non-tenure-track student-media specialist of high technical skill and enthusiasm to teach and advise in the Department of Communication and Media Studies. The specialist will lead the convergence of the college’s student media to take advantage of multimedia developments in the industry, providing students with journalistic, marketing and technical instruction; advise the college’s student newspaper, yearbook and radio station; teach a reduced load of courses in the Communication & Media Studies or broader college curriculum; administer the department’s internship program; and serve as an academic adviser to students, beginning in the second year of the specialist’s appointment.

The successful candidate will possess at least a bachelor’s degree and significant experience in journalism, marketing communication or related field; knowledge of print- and Web-design software; and high standards of leadership, ethics, quality and fiscal responsibility.

Review of candidates will begin Feb. 15, 2010, and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of application, vita, and names of three references to Dr. Brian Steffen, Chair of Communication & Media Studies, 24 McNeill Hall, Simpson College, 701 North C Street, Indianola IA 50125.

Simpson College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Posting Date: 1/27/10

Tags: , , , , , ,