Five Reasons to Attend Excellence in Journalism 2012, Sept. 20-22
It’s almost that time of year again: SPJ’s national convention. Still on the fence on whether you should go? This will be my third convention in a row, so let me share the Top Five Reasons You Should Go to Excellence in Journalism 2012, Sept. 20-22 in Ft. Lauderdale.
5. Meet some of journalism’s best. Rick Bragg, Marvin Kalb, Dean Baquet, the list goes on.
4. It’s way cheaper than most other journalism conferences. Don’t believe me? Look at this.
3. It’s on the beach. ‘Nuf said.
2. You won’t be bored with this action-packed schedule.
1. Invest in yourself. What better way to boost your career than to learn some new skills and brush up on the basics? From mastering videography to learning how to make your stories sing, this conference lineup has something for everyone.
Unfettered access to those in power, a push for government transparency and a vigorous defense of the First Amendment are perhaps more important now than ever before. Join us as we fight for the public’s right to know as an SPJ Supporter. Or, if you’re a journalist, we welcome you to stand with us as a Professional, Student or Retired Member.