Five Reasons to Attend Excellence in Journalism 2012, Sept. 20-22
It’s almost that time of year again: SPJ’s national convention. Still on the fence on whether you should go? This will be my third convention in a row, so let me share the Top Five Reasons You Should Go to Excellence in Journalism 2012, Sept. 20-22 in Ft. Lauderdale.
5. Meet some of journalism’s best. Rick Bragg, Marvin Kalb, Dean Baquet, the list goes on.
4. It’s way cheaper than most other journalism conferences. Don’t believe me? Look at this.
3. It’s on the beach. ‘Nuf said.
2. You won’t be bored with this action-packed schedule.
1. Invest in yourself. What better way to boost your career than to learn some new skills and brush up on the basics? From mastering videography to learning how to make your stories sing, this conference lineup has something for everyone.
Defending the First Amendment and promoting open government are more crucial now than ever. Join SPJ's fight for the publics right to know either as an SPJ Supporter or a professional, student or retired journalist.