By Dana Neuts | September 28th, 2009
Contact Aric Lane with questions.
Only 12 days left to register! The Western Washington Pro Chapter of SPJ is co-sponsoring a conference on Saturday, October 10 on the Seattle University campus dedicated to the future of news. Buy your tickets online now!
- The Future of Newspapers;
- Building Your Brand as an Independent Journalist;
- How is Technology Shaping the Newsroom of the 21st Century?;
- Introduction to Investigative Reporting;
- Online Content Management: Who’s Using What – and Why?;
- Building Independent Online News Sites;
- Career Transitions: Leaving Journalism Behind;
- Covering The Recovery: A Primer On Business Reporting;
- Online Options: CoPress and Stunt3;
- Freedom of the Press: From state sunshine laws to the federal shield law, what’s the status of legal issues impacting journalists in the Pacific Northwest?;
- Can Public Interest PR Help Fill the Information Gap?;
- The Blogging Life;
- Cool Tools;
- User Generated Content: Keeping it Legal, Keeping it Lively; and
- Fair Fight or Copy Right?
Registration is $50 per person; $15 for students and unemployed journalists.
For more information, visit www.thenewsconference.com.