2011 SPJ Contest Disqualified Categories
At least three entries must be submitted in each contest category for the entries to move on to judging. In the following categories, there were only one or two entries so the categories will be disqualified. Refunds will be issued in early June to contestants who submitted entries in these categories.
– Daily Newspapers < 25K circ. (A) – Headlines
– Daily Newspapers < 25K circ. (A) – Editorial Cartoon
– Daily Newspapers < 25K circ. (A) – Business Column
– Daily Newspapers 25,001-50K circ. (B) – Business Column
– Alt+Newsweeklies (D) – Criticism
– Alt+Newsweeklies (D) – Portrait Photography
– Online (G) – Best Site, Commentary
– Radio (H) – General Excellence
– Radio (H) – Photography-Online
– TV, 1-120 (I) – Spot News Reporting
– TV, 1-120 (I) – General Excellence
– TV, 121-210 (J) – General Excellence
Unfettered access to those in power, a push for government transparency and a vigorous defense of the First Amendment are perhaps more important now than ever before. Join us as we fight for the public’s right to know as an SPJ Supporter. Or, if you’re a journalist, we welcome you to stand with us as a Professional, Student or Retired Member.