2011 SPJ Contest Disqualified Categories
At least three entries must be submitted in each contest category for the entries to move on to judging. In the following categories, there were only one or two entries so the categories will be disqualified. Refunds will be issued in early June to contestants who submitted entries in these categories.
– Daily Newspapers < 25K circ. (A) – Headlines
– Daily Newspapers < 25K circ. (A) – Editorial Cartoon
– Daily Newspapers < 25K circ. (A) – Business Column
– Daily Newspapers 25,001-50K circ. (B) – Business Column
– Alt+Newsweeklies (D) – Criticism
– Alt+Newsweeklies (D) – Portrait Photography
– Online (G) – Best Site, Commentary
– Radio (H) – General Excellence
– Radio (H) – Photography-Online
– TV, 1-120 (I) – Spot News Reporting
– TV, 1-120 (I) – General Excellence
– TV, 121-210 (J) – General Excellence
Defending the First Amendment and promoting open government are more crucial now than ever. Join SPJ's fight for the publics right to know either as an SPJ Supporter or a professional, student or retired journalist.