Congratulations to our 2011 SPJ Contest Winners!
Congratulations to all of the winners in our 2011 SPJ Northwest Excellence in Journalism Contest! We had more than 2,100 entries this year in 184 categories. Trophies were awarded to 1st place winners and certificates were awarded to 2nd and 3rd place winners at awards ceremonies tonight in Portland, Ore. and Seattle, Wash. Other chapters will host their own events, or will provide awards to the winners on an individual basis.
Need to order a corrected trophy or certificate, or order a duplicate? Download the order form here and submit it to regional director Dana Neuts by July 15.
We’d like to thank our out-of-state judges for helping us choose this year’s winners. We couldn’t have done it without you! A special thanks to these chapters and their teams of judges who helped:
– Paul Fletcher, Pat Kane and Virginia Pro SPJ
– Jack Zibluk
– Stirling Morita and Hawaii SPJ
– Nic Garcia, Colorado SPJ
– Jodie Mozdzer, Connecticut SPJ
– Kelly Kissel, Sonny Albarado & Michael Koretzy, Green Eye Shades
– Bob Lipper, Long Island SPJ
– Sarah Bauer, Minnesota SPJ
– Scott Thiesen, Minnesota SPJ
– Jenn Rowell, Washington D.C. SPJ
– Ginny Frizzi, Pennsylvania SPJ
– Kevin Smith, SPJ past-president and Ethics Chair
– Carol Cole-Frowe, Oklahoma SPJ & freelance committee member
Tags: 2011 spj awards
Unfettered access to those in power, a push for government transparency and a vigorous defense of the First Amendment are perhaps more important now than ever before. Join us as we fight for the public’s right to know as an SPJ Supporter. Or, if you’re a journalist, we welcome you to stand with us as a Professional, Student or Retired Member.