Countdown to Excellence in Journalism 2013: Anaheim conference is going to be great
First of all, the EIJ family is growing. This year the gathering is three times the conference: a partnership between the Society of Professional Journalists, the Radio Television Digital News Association, and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
That means more opportunities than ever to network, learn, connect, and grow in our profession.
If you are on the fence about going, consider the following highlights:
- Additions and improvements to the Expo
- New U Loft, a two-day boot camp experience that uniquely increases the number of diverse idea-makers in media
- Breakout sessions to up your game: Including, broadcast freelancing; newsroom leadership; digging deeper with social media
- Documentary screening and Q&A with Ray Suarez, senior correspondent, PBS NewsHour
- Career profile critiques
- …and so much more!
In case you didn’t know, Excellence in Journalism is one of the biggest bargains in conference-land. You can choose between two kinds of registration.
Al a carte
- Professional members of SPJ, RTDNA and NAHJ who register by July 15 pay $205
- Student members who pay by July 15 pay $155
- Professional members of SPJ, RTDNA and NAHJ who register by July 15 pay $310
- Student members who pay by July 15 pay $260
AND, there’s more:
- EIJ 2012 recap
- Why join SPJ?
- Getting to Anaheim
- Connect with other conference-goers via Twitter with #EIJ13
- Check out the Facebook page