- Start a Word Doc with information about each of the programs you held within the past year (this is a good idea to keep going all year). Pass it around to other board members to gather important details so you’ll have all the info when you are ready to fill out the online form.
- Keep the questions to the online form in that same Word Doc – technology fails sometimes and it’s good to have a copy!
- Gather up important information (your chapter links to online locations, information about all board members, your banking information, etc.)
- Conduct a financial review before the deadline! This is a required part of being a chapter each year so get three or more people together to do a full review – look at the checkbook, look at the bank statements, look at the receipts, look at everything!
- Collect bank statements for the past year and put them together into one PDF file! If you need help, check out this online tool that merges single PDF documents together.
- Ask questions in advance. It’s so much easier for me to help you before the deadline than after.
- Remember how important these are – it’s sometimes the only way we know your chapter is alive, how we assign delegates and so many other things that happen quietly on the back end of our chapter management. Help us help you!
Again, I’m happy to answer any questions or help in any way that I can. Please don’t hesitate to reach out at any time.
Mark your calendars for May 30!