Expand your freelance network – join SPJ’s freelance community!
Hello, freelance colleagues!
Have you heard about SPJ’s new Freelance Community? Launched this summer, the community is a new way for SPJ members interested in freelancing to connect with each other. It’s an ideal place for freelance journalists, editors, photojournalists, broadcast journalists and other freelance-related media to network, share ideas, find work, brainstorm, trouble-shoot and more. Check out the new freelance site on SPJ.org where you’ll find dozens of resources*, including:
- The Independent Journalist blog – learn from fellow freelancers
- Jobs Board – post freelance opportunities
- Freelance Directory – get listed, get jobs!
- Discussion Board – tell us what’s on your mind and let’s share ideas & concerns
- SPJ On Demand Videos – freelancing, branding and more
- SPJ Reading Room – freelance news & articles
To learn more about the Freelance Community, email Michael Fitzgerald or, join us Sept. 4-6 at Excellence in Journalism 2014 in Nashville, Tenn. We’re organizing a “no host” freelance meet-up on Thurs., Sept. 4 at 8:30 p.m. Central Time. RSVP here.
Expand your freelance network and job opportunities – join SPJ’s Freelance Community today!
*To access some of the community’s resources, you will need to login with your member ID and password. If you don’t have one, click here. If you have a member ID but have lost your password, click here.
Defending the First Amendment and promoting open government are more crucial now than ever. Join SPJ's fight for the publics right to know either as an SPJ Supporter or a professional, student or retired journalist.